At 4,848 feet in height and offering more than 240 acres of pristine Allegheny peaks, Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Resort towers above the beautiful West Virginia countryside. A wealth of incredible outdoor activities can be enjoyed here throughout the year. During the summer, savor hiking or biking on cross-country trails that allow visitors the opportunity to enjoy West Virginia’s incredible wildlife and scenery.
Winter is when the mountain really comes alive; the resort’s slopes transform into ski trails offering varying levels of challenge to any skier. The Snowshoe Basin area offers Black Diamond thrills, challenging Blue slopes and gentle Greens for beginners. For fans of cross-country, there are plenty of back-country trails in Pocahontas County which are perfect for exploring at your own pace.
Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Resort Features
- The Spa at Snowshoe Resort – With 3,600 square feet of space dedicated to luxurious treatments, guests of this full-service spa will enjoy hot stone massages, hydrating body wraps, manicures and pedicures, men’s and women’s facials and waxing services.
- The Village – A classically styled mountain village straight out of a postcard, this idyllic spot features a range of entertainments, from restaurants to shopping to concerts. On frosty nights, there are blazing fire pits for warming chilly hands.
- Comedy Cellar – Unwind for an evening of laughs and entertainment featuring a continually updated roster of comedy talent. Located in the basement of Mountain Lodge.
- Coca-Cola Tube Park and The Big Top – Perfect for little ones, a fun-filled, eight-lane tubing run allows whole families the excitement of plunging down snowy slopes on inflated tubes. When it’s time to go inside, head for the Big Top, where kids can explore bouncy castles, inflated tunnels and a climbing wall.
- 20 Below Teen Center – Enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi and lots of arcade games at this teen-themed hangout.
- Split Rock Pools – With both indoor and outdoor heated pools, this venue is perfect at any time of year, but is especially appealing in the winter, when the billowing steam and snowdrifts make an atmospheric backdrop.
Activities at Snowshoe Resort
- Greenbank Observatory – With eight radio telescopes, this observatory is able to explore the wonders of the galaxy. Visitors can enjoy hands-on fun with exhibits and events that highlight the valuable work done by astronomers at this fascinating site.
- Droop Mountain Battlefield State Park – History buffs will want to stop by this scene of one of the last of West Virginia’s Civil War-era battlefields. A Confederate grave-site, cannons and a refurbished cabin from the era are highlights.
- Cass Scenic Railroad – Relive the excitement of riding the rails throughout the year. Enjoy fresh spring days, balmy summer afternoons and the crisp autumn colors aboard train cars pulled by classic steam engines. In the winter, plunge through the snowdrifts on the Elf Limited, a holiday-themed ride featuring an appearance by Santa himself.
Lodging Near Snowshoe Resort
There are dozens of lodging options tailored to fit any budget. Save a few bucks by renting from a private condo owner – such as those managed by Mountaintop Condos – where you can ski in or out right to the slopes.
Dining at Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Resort
Choose from family favorites in restaurants like the Basin Supper Club or go for a nightcap at the Moonshine Watering Hole. On warm summer afternoons, stop by the Whistle Stop for an ice cream cone or get a quick meal at the White Rabbit Market. Adults will love The Junction, which combines a restaurant and saloon. Get a slice of pizza at the Sugar Shack or hit The Connection Nightclub for a little after-hours nightlife.
Bask in the fresh mountain air of Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Resort, where there’s endless fun for every member of the family throughout the year. Whether you spend a day or a week, you’ll enjoy making memories here that will last a lifetime.
Lodging at Snowshoe West Virginia Ski Resort
Mountaintop Condos features slope-side condos in Mountain Lodge. One, two and three-bedroom condos are available for rent with a variety of views and amenities in each unit. Each rental includes free parking and Wi-Fi Internet access. The building is located at the top of the Ballhooter chairlift, and only steps away from Snowshoe Village. You can check availability by clicking here.